||SAS File Mangement [Online Equivalent]
||Sections of SAS e-Learning modules cover the equivalent material in VCU Technology Services SAS File Management instructor lead course.
The content in the "SAS Overview" online or instructor led course must be mastered before proceeding with this course.
To access the SAS e-Learning modules hosted on the SAS website, refer to the "Use Requirements" listed below.
Course: SAS File Management
1. Module - SAS Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
2. Module - SAS Programming 1: Essentials
- Working with SAS Libraries, Data Sets, and the Import Wizard
- Working with SAS Libraries
- Defining SAS Libraries
- Referencing Temporary and Permanent SAS Data Sets
- Importing Data Using the Import Wizard
3. Module - SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques
- Creating SAS Data Sets from Delimited Raw Data Files
- Creating a SAS Data Set from a Raw Data File
- Further DATA Step Processing
4. Module - SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- Reading Raw Data
- Using Formatted Input
- Creating a Single Observation from a Multiple Records
- Combining SAS Data Sets
- Match-Merging SAS Data Sets
- Using Data Manipulation Techniques with a Match-Merge
- Match-Merging Data Sets That Lack a Common Variable
- Match-Merging Data Sets with Same-Named Variables
- Using Lookup Tables to Match Data: Combining Data
- Combining Data Horizontally
- Sorting SAS Data Sets
- Understanding the SORT Procedure
You must be a current VCU faculty, staff or student to obtain a FREE VCU access code for SAS e-learning modules.
First Time Users - To access SAS e-Learning modules for this course:
Return Users - To access SAS e-Learning modules for this course:
- Register to obtain a VCU SAS e-Learning Activation Code. An email will be sent to you with the activation code.
- Go to the SAS e-Learning website and login as "New Customer" and click on "Create a new SAS profile account."
- Click on "Create" button under New User to create a profile. After clicking "Create Profile", SAS Profile Help will send you an email.
- Open the email and click the web link to activate the account. You will then be prompted to create a password. DO NOT use your VCU eID password.
- Return to the SAS e-Learning website and go to "Log in to your account now." Enter your email address and password created in the SAS profile.
- Enter the "Activation Code" sent to you via email and click Submit.
- Accept license agreement at the bottom and Submit.
- Go to the SAS e-Learning website
- Log In as "Already have a SAS profile account? Log in to your account now." Enter you email address and password that was created in the SAS profile.
Note: SAS Institute highly recommends using Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) for viewing e-Learning files.
||Use of these materials is restricted to current VCU students, faculty and staff. Users must abide by the guidelines established by SAS Institute, Inc. when access any e-Learning module. Copyright 2011 SAS Institute Inc. All rights Reserved.